Dean of Students Message: Return to Campus UpdatesMonday August 02, 2021 3:04 pm
As you may have heard, the California State University Office of the Chancellor recently announced that all CSU faculty, staff and students must either be fully immunized or receive an approved exemption before returning to any campus facility at any university location – even if the FDA has not yet changed the status of the vaccines from Emergency Use Authorization to full approval. The dates by which faculty, staff and students must certify vaccination will vary by campus due to differences in academic calendars, but all certifications must be completed no later than September 30. If you have questions about the vaccine requirement, please visit the Vaccine Requirement Q&A webpage.
In addition, based on federal, state and local health guidance, Cal State Fullerton established President’s Directive No. 22 as updated COVID-19 mitigation measures and guidelines for employees and students to create a safe Titan Experience. You can read more about the directive here or read recent communication sent to students here.
Moving forward, students have two options to return to campus: upload a vaccine record or request a medical or religious exemption (per the CSU Chancellor’s recent announcement). Exemption information is available on the Titan’s Return Vaccine Exemption webpage.
Option 1: Upload a COVID-19 Vaccine Record
- Visit www.fullerton.edu/upload
- If receiving a vaccine outside the U.S., the vaccine must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
- Students with approved vaccination records will not need to participate in re-entry or weekly surveillance testing.
- Students come to campus at the start of the semester.
Option 2: Request a Medical or Religious Exemption
- Visit http://coronavirus.fullerton.edu/request-for-vaccine-exemption/ for information about medical/religious exemptions.
- Like other immunization processes, students must submit appropriate documentation.
COVID-19 Testing Information for Students with Exemptions (per President’s Directive No. 22)
- Students with a medical or religious exemption must participate in re-entry testing and weekly testing.
- There is no exemption for testing.
- Testing is free for employees and students.
- Testing is saliva based.
- Participating in COVID-19 testing is not an excused absence for class and/or a university-related activity, so please plan accordingly.
- Students can sign up for their re-entry and weekly testing on the Titan’s Return Testing Information webpage.
- The fall semester course catalog (including class modality) is final.
- Remember to review the “Personal Health Assessment” before coming to campus.
- Any questions related to your course or course syllabi should be directed to your instructor and/or academic unit.
- Any questions related to your class schedule should be directed to your academic advisor.
- International students with advising questions can reach out to International Student Advising.
- Visit You@Fullerton for free, online health and wellness support.
We hope this information is helpful as you prepare to return to campus. If you have any additional questions, please refer to the Titan’s Return webpage mentioned above or email email@example.com.
Dean of Students Office
Division of Student Affairs
California State University, Fullerton