CARES Act Funding Update
We’re reaching out because the Office of Financial Aid has started distributing the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funding. Due to the volume of emails we have received regarding the disbursement process and CARES Act eligibility, we ask that you review the following information carefully:
- CARES Act funding disbursement began on Friday, May 15th and will continue through next week until all Tier 1 and Tier 2 students have received funds. About 30,000 Titans will receive CARES Act funding.
- Students with Direct Deposit will receive their allocation immediately. Students who do not have Direct Deposit will receive a check at the address they have on file with the university within two weeks.
- If you have already received CARES Act funding and wish to request more, a supplemental application will be available after all Tier 1 and Tier 2 funds have been allocated. Information about the application will be released in early June.
- If you did not complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA and wish to receive CARES Act funding, you must complete this application. Do this asap or you run the risk of applying after all available funds have been distributed. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-3125 if you have any questions.
- If you are ineligible for CARES Act funding and have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, you may request financial assistance through the Office of the Dean of Students by completing this form. Please note, this option is only for students who do not qualify for CARES Act funding.
- If you still have questions about the CARES Act, please read the CARES Act Frequently Asked Questions page which contains information about eligibility requirements, the amount of money you can expect to receive, how funds will be disbursed, etc.
On behalf of the Office of the Dean of Students and the Office of Financial Aid, we congratulate you on finishing the semester under extraordinary circumstances, applaud you for your resiliency, and thank you for your patience as we navigate this difficult time together.
All our best wishes,
Dean of Students€‹€‹
Director of Financial Aid