Face Coverings on CampusUpdated: Monday September 20, 2021 8:06 am
Surgical, Paper, or Cloth Masks/Face Coverings
- All members of the University community, including contractor’s agents and employees, must comply with the California Department of Public Health’s “Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings” dated July 28, 2021, including the recommendation that all individuals regardless of vaccination status must wear a face covering indoors, at least until October 31, 2021.
- Individuals do not have to wear face coverings indoors when (a) alone in a private space such as an office with the door closed, a living unit or vehicle; (b) eating and drinking; (c) showering, washing their face, or brushing their teeth in a residence hall or other University facility with common bathroom facilities; (d) directed by a health care provider to remove their face covering for care or treatment; (e) an accommodation is required; and/or (f) job duties make a face covering infeasible or create a hazard.
- Face coverings are recommended for unvaccinated individuals outdoors where six feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- There will be consequences for students and employees that are not in compliance with the policies and directives set forth by the Chancellor’s Office and the campus. Information about enforcement protocols for students can be found here. Enforcement for staff and faculty will follow the progressive discipline process.
- Face coverings are available on campus at the following locations:
- Environmental Health and Safety – located by Lot A: Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- PLS – Pollak Library South – Basement – Room 48: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Titan Shops: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- SHCC – Student Health Center: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- PLN – Student Genius Center: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- SRC – Front Counter: Monday – Thursday, 6 a.m. to 12 midnight., Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- TSU – Information Desk: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. to 12 midnight., Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- A map that lists these locations is available here.