Cal State Fullerton’s Vaccination Record Incentive Health Program
PURPOSE: California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) will conduct a series of randomized drawings for prizes intended for vaccinated employees and students who uploaded their vaccine verification with CSUF’s COVID-19 Vaccination Record. The goal is to reinforce the importance of vaccination to protect public health in the face of a pandemic. The persons identified in the drawings will be able to claim their prizes.
TERMS OF PROGRAM: Drawings for student prizes will take place every Friday throughout the month of July 2021. A student will be drawn at random on each Friday. The drawing for employee prizes will take place on July 6, 2021. Three employees will be drawn at random.
Drawing dates are subject to change. An eligible individual can win no more than 1 prize during the term of the promotion. CSUF reserves the right to terminate or extend this promotion at any time.
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION: The persons eligible for the drawings will be limited to CSUF employees and students who uploaded their vaccine verification through the Health Services Portal and who have not already been awarded a prize. Click here to learn more about the uploading process. No additional action is needed by eligible persons to be included in the drawings. No purchase or payment of fees is necessary for participation.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
- CSUF’s Health Services will randomly select provisional winners from eligible participants.
- The names of award winners will not initially be announced due to federal rules regarding confidentiality of medical records and state law concerning disclosure of immunization records rules. The names of award winners may subsequently be announced if consent is received from the recipients.
- Winners will be given the opportunity to decline the prize and/or decline publicity associated with the prize.
- CSUF’s Health Services will initiate contact with the winner the day of their selection (i.e., a Friday within the month of July 2021) via email between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. After 72 hours, if there is no reply from the winner via email, that person may no longer be offered a prize and another person may be selected by CSUF’s Health Services for the prize from the pool of eligible persons.
- The timing and degree of efforts used to locate a winner or to deem a winner ineligible based upon the terms of the program shall be at the sole discretion of CSUF.
- At its sole discretion, CSUF may offer an alternative prize to a winner.
ODDS: The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible persons identified in CSUF’s COVID-19 Vaccination Record at the time of each drawing.
- If winner agrees, CSUF can use their names and/or likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes, without compensation.
- For employees who are students and vice versa, CSUF Health Services will use the category in which the Vaccine Record was submitted (either student or employee).
- Proof of identity must be furnished upon request.
- Winners may need to visit different departments on campus to receive their prize.
- Winners may need to complete any necessary and appropriate paperwork.
- CSUF has the right to modify or end the Vaccination Record Incentive Health Program at any time.
In the event of a conflict, these official rules supersede any applicable general rules or advertisements of the Vaccination Record Incentive Health Program.